pastime

I am waiting 
being a pawn on your stainless steel chessboard
desensitized eyes 
the little puppy bites
hard and deep nips
tugging
but you said you were only playing 
slapping raw flesh 
bruised by association
conditioning the truth
falling off the top bunk 
splattered on the floor
like a chicken plucked of all its feathers
    I thought I might have been an ampute 
    perhaps in a past life
lashes of burns make chins nimble
stinging red
scratched flesh
still spitting water 
at each other
cooking like beached sea flowers
sweaty
in the sleigh 
where you sleep 
with your heart half full 
curled with feeding tubes
the sunshine on your back
wake me in the morning 
make me ache  
to the point I have to sit on addition signs 
    bananas will always be the best way to get your potassium









No comments:

Post a Comment